Last Updated on March 7, 2022
You’ve been wanting to start working on your garden for a while now, but the thought of having to crouch down for hours on end makes you cringe. You’ve heard about garden scooters with wheels that can help with mobility, so you do some research to see if one would be a good fit for you. And, here you are!
People who garden often do so because they love the relaxation and satisfaction it brings them. In fact, about 25% of US households spend time in their garden.
However, many people are held back from fully enjoying this activity because of the physical demands it places on their bodies. A garden scooter with wheels can help with mobility and make gardening a more enjoyable experience for everyone.
You’re not alone if you feel like gardening is a pain in the neck. Literally. Crouching down for hours on end to weed and plant can be really tough on your body, especially if you have back or joint issues. But don’t worry, there is a solution that can help make gardening more comfortable for you: garden scooters with wheels.
A garden scooter is a device that has either two or four small wheels attached to it, which allows the user to scoot around while they’re gardening. Think of it as a cross between a cart, a wheelbarrow, and a chair. Pretty clever, right?
This eliminates the need to crouch down or bend over, which can be really tough on your body. Garden scooters with wheels can also help you move more easily between plants, saving you time and energy.
There are a few things to keep in mind when purchasing a garden scooter with wheels.
By the way, if you click on a link and then make a purchase, we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Features to Look for in a Garden Scooter
As with any other type of equipment, garden scooter features are important. They come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and functions. Here are some of the most important features to consider when searching for the best garden scooter for you:
1. Weight Capacity: The weight capacity of the scooter is important because you don’t want it to break under the strain of your gardening supplies, and of your own weight (or whoever will be using the scooter).
Be realistic about this, my friend. This is no time for pulling a “wished for” weight out of the sky and applying it to the capacity of the scooter you’re considering. Always be safe.
Also, note the size of the seat, to make sure that your ‘seat’ will comfortably fit into it. Models that offer an adjustable swivel seat with adjustable height will give you more options and keep you comfortable as you maneuver through your gardening tasks.
2. Size and Width: Make sure to choose a scooter that is the right size for you. It should be wide enough so that you can comfortably sit on it, but not so wide that it becomes difficult to maneuver around your garden.
Take the time to consider the size and shape of your gardening area, and choose a scooter that will be the best fit.
3. Materials: The materials used in the construction of the scooter are important because you want it to be durable and withstand the elements.
Look for scooters made from lightweight but sturdy metal, plastic, or composite. The material will ultimately be reflected in the price as well, with lightweight plastic scooters costing less than a heavy duty steel-frame gardening scooter.
4. Wheels: The wheels on the scooter are also important. They should be large enough to navigate easily around your garden, but not so large that they become difficult to move.
What are the wheels made of? Are they plastic wheels, rubber tires, etc. If your terrain is wet and muddy, you will probably want pneumatic tires. If you want tires that will never go flat, look for resin or plastic wheels.
The type of terrain you’ll be gardening on will also be a factor in wheel size. If you’re mostly gardening on pavement, then bigger wheels may be unnecessary. If you’re gardening on uneven or unpaved ground, then you’ll want to opt for wheels that can handle those types of surfaces.
5. Storage: Do you have a lot of gardening supplies? If so, you’ll want to choose a scooter that has storage space for your tools and supplies. This will keep you from having to carry them around with you as you move from plant to plant.
A utility basket or tool tray could come in very handy for holding smaller gardening tools or even your gardening hat. And how about a drink holder? It’s important to stay hydrated when working outside, and it’s the perfect place for a water bottle.
6. Ease of Assembly: Some garden scooters require assembly upon purchase, while others are ready to go right out of the box. Choose the one that is easiest for you to assemble.
7. Price: Garden scooters can vary in price, depending on their features and what they are constructed from. Choose the one that fits your needs and budget.
Best Garden Scooter with Wheels
If you’re searching for the best rolling garden stool to help you garden more comfortably, here are five recommendations to consider.
A.M. Leonard Garden Scoot with Swivel Seat, Flat-Free Tires and Bucket Basket
You’re going to love how easy it is to get around your garden with this Garden Scoot. With a tractor style seat and welded steel tube frame, it’s durable and built to last. The 10″ x 3″ polyurethane flat-free tires never go flat, so you can easily move heavy objects or navigate rough terrain. And the seat adjusts in height from 16″ to 20″, so it’s perfect for anyone.
Plus, the frame can hold up to 400 pounds, making it perfect for any task. You’ll love the handy extra storage tray that holds tools and supplies, so you’re always prepared. So grab your Garden Scoot today!
What happy customers are saying:
- feel good about your hard work in the garden
- the tray underneath holds all my hand tools and gloves
- so far, love this little thing – not too big or too little
- built well and it’s not shaky or weak-feeling
- easy to put together; rolls smoothly
Sunnydaze Garden Cart Rolling Scooter with Extendable Steer Handle, Swivel Seat & Utility Tool Tray
Sunnydaze Garden Cart Rolling Scooter with Extendable Steer Handle, Swivel Seat & Utility Tool Tray is perfect for anyone who loves spending time outdoors but needs some extra comfort and support for gardening and other outdoor activities.
This cart is designed to make your gardening experience easier than ever. The tractor-style seat with 360-degree swivel motion lets you rotate as you work, and the lightweight frame makes it easy to move around.
The extendable handle makes it so easy for maneuvering and pulling your lawn cart. The frame can hold up to 330 pounds, making it a great choice for anyone who wants to garden comfortably.
What happy customers are saying:
- the little seat is perfect!
- easy to assemble
- this little garden cart is great
- works well, helps my back when gardening
- wonderful quality, sturdy and well worth the purchase
- Overall dimensions: This garden cart measures 38" W x 17" D x 19.5" H (not including the handle). The extendable handle can be adjusted between 19.5" to 30" long. The seat measures 17.75" W x 15" D. It weighs 32 lbs and has a weight capacity of 300 lbs. The seat adjusts from 16.5" to 22" H so you can easily find a comfortable height for working.
- Durable design: This heavy-duty yard cart frame is made from powder-coated steel with an extendable handle. It features a removable light round planter basket and coated tire rims. It also has a plastic utility tray beneath the seat.
- Fantastic features: The seat on the tractor scooter features a 360 degree swivel motion so you can completely rotate as you work. Steel axles and pneumatic wheels ensure that you can count on the utility cart to last through many years of landscaping and outdoor projects. Plus, the extendable steering handle allows you to pull the lawn cart with ease.
- Work smarter, not harder: This steel cart is easier on your lower back and the basket gives you a great place for your tools. It can also be used in the shop, on the ranch, or at the farm.
- Worry-free purchasing: Sunnydaze Decor backs its products with a 1-year manufacturer's warranty.
Goplus Garden Cart Rolling Work Seat Outdoor Lawn Yard Patio Wagon Scooter for Planting
With its tractor-style seat that swivels a full 360 degrees, this rolling garden scooter is perfect for anyone who likes to be able to move around as they work. The sturdy steel frame can hold up to 330 pounds, and the four inflated rubber tires make it easy to navigate over any terrain.
Plus, the under-seat tray and basket on the back provide plenty of extra storage space. Assembly is a breeze, so you’ll be ready to get started in no time!
What happy customers are saying:
- nice little cart, put together with ease
- very sturdy and beautiful
- great for yard work, easy to assemble
- love my cart!
- rolls nicely, comfortable seat
- 【Sturdy Frame with Strong Weight Capacity】Made of premium powder coated steel frame, this garden seat with wheels is sturdy and durable with 330 lbs weight capacity. It is suitable for customers of all shapes and sizes. And the cart won’t go rusting and corrosion after long time use in outdoor.
- 【Comfortable Seat with Adjustable Height】The height of seat can be adjusted to fit different body stature. And the shape of seat is designed in an ergonomic shape so that you won’t be tired even if you sit for long time. In addition, you'll be pleasantly surprised to find that the cart can be rotated 360 degrees. Sitting Height: 18-21”.
- 【Storage Basket & Tool Tray】The garden scooter is equipped with a tray which is under the seat and a basket which is on the back for storing your tools and water. It is convenient to take things from these places when you are sitting on the cart.
- 【Four Large Rubber Wheels】Four wheels are inflated rubber tires with surface pattern which will grip the ground safely, prevent tipping over, and not to change direction at will to keep the balance. And the diameter of each wheel is 10'' so that it can add additional stableness when moving.
- 【Multifunctional & Simple Installation Steps】Not only can you use the cart in your garden to take care of your plants, but you can also wash or repair your car with the cart. When not in use, it also can be used as a storage cart. It is easy to assemble or disassemble the rolling garden cart according to instructions.
Peach Tree Garden Cart Rolling Work Seat with Tool Tray Heavy Duty Scooter
You’ll love how easy it is to rotate around your garden with this Peach Tree Garden Cart Rolling Work Seat with Tool Tray. With a durable steel frame and rust-resistant finish, this cart is built to last.
Plus, the adjustable seat and extendable handle make it perfect for anyone – whether you’re short or tall. And don’t worry about carrying heavy loads – the frame can hold up to 300 pounds!
What happy customers are saying:
- fantastic cart!
- very sturdy, perfect for gardening tasks
- comfortable, maneuverable, sturdy
- great back-saver for weeding flower beds
- I couldn’t have asked for a better product
- Durable structure: Peach tree garden scooter is built with a heavy-duty steel frame, constructed of powder-coated finish, rust-resistant and waterproof, and has a weight capacity of 300 pounds, a great lawn care tools to assist with planting and gardening.
- Full rotation & easy mobility: The rolling tractor garden chair is of 360 degree rotation to satisfy your various working needs while solid steel axles and durable wheels providing a complete mobility in spite of a smooth or a rough road.
- Trouble eliminator: The garden cart seat is height adjustable to help you with different garden projects with the extendable steer handle moving your cart from one place to another easily.
- Utility & functional: Maximum tire pressure: 30 PSI. Versatile as it is, the rolling scooter equipped with tool tray and basket can be served as a stool seat when having a barbeque, a storage cart for garden supplies, a movable chair to help with car washing.
Pure Garden 82-VY021 Cart Rolling Stool with Wheels Seat, and Tool Tray
If you’re looking for function, simplicity, and cost-effectiveness, this Pure Garden rolling scooter may be perfect for your needs.
Durable plastic construction, including 3″ wheels that will never go flat, this stool rolls frontwards or backward to keep you moving and productive. Use the underseat tray to store your garden gloves and small tools as you work.
A weight limit of 200 pounds will do the job for many gardening enthusiasts, and help alleviate the back and knee pain that so often accompanies the hobby loved by so many people.
What happy customers are saying:
- saves the knees and back, solid unit
- it’s just the right level to sit and go around the flower beds
- great product for the money
- lightweight enough to easily carry around the garden
- just what I needed!
- GARDEN CART – This rolling garden stool is ideal for any gardening enthusiast to alleviate back and knee pain when planting or weeding. In addition, this rolling cart can be used for other tasks around the home like painting, cleaning, car repair, more!
- EASILY TRANSPORTS – The gardening chair features sturdy plastic wheels that are 3” in diameter and can roll forwards and backwards on most level terrains. The lightweight materials also make it easy to lift and carry this scooter to the next project!
- DURABLE MATERIALS – The durable plastic construction of the 4 wheels gives an advantage over rubber tires, which could pop under pressure or puncture. The stainless-steel structure is built to last through all climate conditions.
- TOOL TRAY INCLUDED – The specially designed tool tray underneath the seat conveniently keeps small garden supplies or household tools within reach. This strategically placed shelf is the perfect area to store gardening accessories and more!
- PRODUCT DETAILS- Seat Dimensions: 11” x 11.5”. Full Dimensions: 13” (H) x 18.5” (L) x 17.5” (W). Tool tray dimensions: 16” x 12”. Weight limit: 200 lbs. Material: PVC plastic and stainless steel. Colors: Black and green.
Conclusion: Best Garden Scooters
Gardening is a wonderful hobby, but it can be a physical one as well. Our bodies don’t always appreciate the time spent planting, pruning, and harvesting.
The right garden scooter with wheels will allow you to enjoy your favorite hobby without the strain on your body. There are many different types of mobility aids that range from simple lightweight rolling stools to more substantial tractor seats with 360-degree swivel motions.
Whichever option you choose, be sure to get one with a weight capacity that will suit your needs, and be sure to read the customer reviews before purchasing to ensure you’re getting a quality product. With the right garden scooter, gardening can be comfortable and easy – without all the pain.